Thursday, December 2, 2010

O Christmas Tree 2010

Saturday we went and picked out a tree. It was the first day it was chilly and we all wore coats. Unfortunately, when I went to bust out the camera it said, "Please charge battery pack" (sigh). Oh well, so we made it quick and strapped it to the car and brought it home.  This year is the first year in ten years of marriage we have a tree skirt-which is exciting. And here are some before/after pics of our happy little tree...





















Kris and I had stayed up late the night before watching movies and stringing popcorn and cranberries, pretty-but may have been a better idea for next year-as we have had some popcorn/cranberry "fatalities".





















I think I have a picture like this somewhere of when we were living just outside Savannah and Abram was a little over a year old. I can't believe he is so big.





















Apparently Reese didn't think the star looked good here....





















So he thought about it for a minute......





















And found the perfect place.





































Who knew the Hulk liked trees? Or Dinosaurs, Batman, Spiderman, or Wolverine?  Even helicopters have made an appearance.  Who needs presents when you have a giant tree to play with and pull things off and put things back on all day long?
















This will be the only time our tree will look this pretty (taken Saturday night after he boys went to sleep and I did some rearranging).


































I hope it survives until Christmas.

2 comments:

lunch box lowdown said...

Oh, I love your tree!

Every year I pick out the tree and we get home and then I realize how ugly it is. Seriously, this year may be the worst yet.

Also, how is the stringing? How long does it take and how many bags of cranberries? I have a (fake) tree for my kitchen and it's 100% food related ornaments and I keep thinking I should use those but haven't been brave enough. Do tell! :)

Beth said...

Sorry it has taken me forever to reply. Here is the scoop-super annoying/easy-especially since you have helpers in your house that can use needles!!! And I will tackily (word?) admit that we didn't make continuous loops around the tree, we did rows-and tied it to the tree (cranberries are too expensive, and popcorn breaks). So we got a couple of movies 3 bags o' cranberries, and 3-4 bags of popcorn. It took the two of us a movie and a half? But we were multitasking and taking breaks to eat the popcorn, rest hands, etc. You and your fam could easily do it through one movie!