Monday, June 29, 2009

How to Traumatize Your 2 1/2 year old..........

There we were watching the Discovery Channel. Abram like to watch the episodes that relate to dinosaurs, and seriously- he will watch the entire thing. The episode we were watching was something about the time before dinosaurs. Anyhoo- there was a huge spider walking around (they said this spider-which lived in dinosaur times would have been stalking prey the size of a household cat), and you could tell it was "on the hunt". I looked at Kris and said, "Change the channel." "Oh it'll be fine." he says. "No, Kris, change the channel." and then I think he may have rolled his eyes at me.

And then it happened........

A cute innocent lizard walking by (Abram loves lizards). The spider attacks it and eats it. Abram starts yelling "NO! NO!" Kris changes the channel, but it's too late. Abram is hysterical. In the bathtub, "The spider ate the lizard!!! Scary spider!!" During bedtime stories, "Scary spider, eat that lizard!" Getting ready for bed bawling, "Spider SO SCARY!!!" So we talked about it (75 times or so) "Yes it did eat that lizard, I bet his belly was so full. Do we eat spiders? That's right, spiders are grose. Do we eat lizards? That's right, lizards are grose too. What do you eat? Pancakes, right! Is Spiderman scary? That's right, he's not scary, we love Spiderman."

The first thing he tells me this morning. "That spider ate the lizard."

I think we are going to lay off the Discovery Channel for a while......

4 comments:

Laura said...

awww. poor kido. mean spider.

i like your new picture on your heading thing. very cute :)

erin said...

That's a great story. Sounds like Abram won't be forgetting that anytime soon. I love a ll the pictures of Reese. He is such a cutie! I do want to come and see you sometime soon. I also still have something to mail you. Sorry I'm such a slacker!

Jennifer said...

We still fast forward the first part of Nemo through the shark scene...just in case. Bad Kris-Karma is going to have a spider crawl on your head while you are sleeping tonight.

Marla said...

Ha ha momma always knows when to change the channel! Poor baby! Tell him I hate spiders also!