Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Score So Far......

Abram has gone the potty 4 times and had 2 accidents-which I think were my fault. You see I have been having him "try" every 30 minutes. Both accidents were at the 27 and 28 minute mark, I should have been paying more attention. How did I get him to do it? (This is awful, repeat this is awful-however, Kris had to go in to work today, so what are you gonna do, judge me? Fine-judge me, just know that karma will get you for that.) The only way he would sit on the potty is when I moved the potty in the living room-you guessed it, and he got to watch TV. Baby steps, right? He was hating his underwear, then loving them-and crying when I put a diaper on for his nap just now. I promised "underwear when you wake up".

So far, Potty-4 Accidents-2

I am not loving this people.......I am not loving this at all. It's a good thing I have.....I mean-he gets M&M's (if there are any left).

4 comments:

Coffinberry said...

Hang in there! You're doing great!

Marla said...

Beth, we did pull ups only for nap and night time. We called them his "night time underwear". Ethan never even peed in them either, b/c he thought they were his "underwear". He never knew that they were like diapers. So he was night trained very easy also. He actually has never had an accident at night and was in regular underwear at night a month after being day trained. So try pull ups at night. If they were dry I would use them several nights in a row.

Good luck!! We did the cold turkey approach also and it worked great for us. After the second day he never had any more accidents at home. ( he had a few at daycare) Oh and he's had two since Owen has been born, but that was b/c I was breast feeding and couldn't get to the bathroom fast enough to help him. (only easy off pants now!)

erin said...

Good luck Beth. I'm dreading potty training Finn. You'll have to give me any tips you can.

Carrie Maseda said...

Girl, I say do what works, and keeps your sanity intact! I remember completely clueless as to how to potty train, probably why it took so long. Maybe you can have a big poop party to celebrate; it is now tradition in our house, much to Rich's chagrin!