I have always been a pretty modest person, and yet, over the years it seems as though I have been having reoccurring moments where people that I don't know very well, are getting all too familiar with me. This keeps happening, on all different levels. Just when I think I am safe, something new happens. I am not sure how I feel about this......
When you are getting married, you try on wedding dresses-this is when you go to a shop and heaven forbid that you try on the dresses alone, or with someone important to you. You must have a person from the dress shop walk in on you 75 times to "check and make sure you are all right". I flashed that woman more times than I can count, she always seemed to get me at just the right moment, stupid woman.
Then you decide to have a baby-the OBGYN-we won't go there-but you know what I'm sayin'. THEN a ton of doctors/nurses/interns etc. get to see you in all of your glory. If you have a c-section, they even get to see your insides-yikes.
Then the lactation consultant-wow, they aren't shy at all, and that's all I have to say about that.
Once you think you are in the clear, you decide to have your second child. Who happens to be a snuggler-as in he always want to be held, as in you are about to pee your pants and cannot put the child down. As in, you have to take the child with you for fear of what the 2 1/2 year old when do to the new baby when not in eyeshot. But then again, according to the 2 1/2 year old, you can't take in the baby without his company as well. So there you are, doin your business while holding your baby, and entertaining your toddler as he gives a play by play of what you are doing, while you are TRYING to be modest so that you can avoid "certain conversations" as long as possible.
I can't wait to see what's next.......
9 comments:
I don't know if this makes anything better, but I promise I won't come to the bathroom with you. ;)
*snicker*
welcome to the mother club (you have to have more than one child to be allowed in!)
LOL You mean you haven't gotten the "mommy where's you weenie" question yet?
I've even had someone elses child crawl under the toilet stall door and come sit on my lap...dr
ah the joys of motherhood :) actually womanhood...I'm sure there's more between this time and the mamograms but I don't know what...
This made me smile - it's worth copying and pasting in my own blog!
Oh my heavens, I remember those days!!!
And I am tried of making myself sound (and feel) so old by saying those types of things. Waa!
*tired*
Too funny! I can totally relate! I often pray for patience and sanity! :)
Post a Comment