Awesome.
I have heard tons of ways to do this, the thing that is hard is that every child is different. Ugh. I helped potty train twin boys I nannied for. I took them every 30 minutes, and practically did cartwheels when they were successful, those were the longest days ever-I mean seriously, 2 boys at one time, the whole week I was in the bathroom with them. I can do this, I can do this....must keep telling myself. The thing I am scared about is Abram would tell me when he was or had "pooped" until we started talking about going to the potty to do the deed, now he keeps it secret until the smell lingers, or I catch that look on his face.
So a couple of nights ago I bought the underwear, the m&m's, the suckers, tonight I will make a potty chart for stickers. I think we are going to do this..........

That's right folks. No pull ups, just the old fashioned underwear way. I am afraid, very afraid of the laundry I will have to do, but I know I can do this. I figure the "cold turkey" method worked for the pacifier, worked for the move from the crib-we talk about it, then just do it. SO here was the weekend plan-stay home. Now, we are going to a church picnic tomorrow-that Kris was asked to come early to help cook-which means that I am left without my partner, which means we are going to have to find a potty at the park (grose) or flash everyone (as of now, I am voting for the flashing).
So, I want suggestions HELP ME PEOPLE!!!! Tell me what worked for you
BUT
please do not write comments telling me that you had no problems, or that it was so easy, or to let him run naked outside (we have a chain linked fence and lots o' neighbors we don't know). I am creative, I am enthusiastic, I am inventive, I am MAMA, HEAR ME ROAR!! SO help a sista out and give me the inside scoop. For it is going to be a VERY VERY VERY LONG weekend at the Raisor household!!!!!!!
7 comments:
I am currently potty training child #2. #1 was super easy (two years prior), but this new guy is giving me a run for my money. In fact, after a rigorous 3 days at home, making him go every thirty minutes I thought I could venture out to a playgroup. I don't know if it was a success. You decide: He peed his pants 4 times and pooped them 2. THEN, when he pooped again, it was so disgusting and nasty that i actually cut the underwear off of him, and threw them in the garbage. As I'm writing this, I realize this might be a good post, so don't be surprised if you come across it again. So, my advice is: I don't know because I'm not doing so hot, but we're gonna keep going. :) good luck!
Try to keep the tears down to a minimum...on your side. Look- Tyler did not decide to be potty trained until just turned three completely. Every child is different- just don't get discouraged. Oh- and buy plenty of M&M's for you to eat too, you all might be in the bathroom for a while. Good Luck!!!
Promise him lots of Dale Jr cars LOL... Good luck Beth!
Good luck!! Oliver refuses to be potty trained. Absolutely refuses. He has no interest, won't sit on a potty, and only wants diapers.
I figure, when he's ready, he'll be ready. For now, this is what he's clinging to for babyhood. (It helps that Conner does a majority of the diapers...)
Gary potty trained the last two. He hear some method of having them wear jeans, or something that would absorb all the urine when they had an accident, bad them sit in the wet pants for a few minutes (can't remember details) and talk to them about how gross it feels to be sitting in wet pants....
and that's all I remember. haha!
But it worked! :)
I'll have to ask him if he remembers.
I suppose, then, that you don't want to hear that Abram's cousin refused to be potty trained. At all. Thomas the Tank Engine stickers didn't help. M&Ms didn't help. Reading Curious George for hours on end in the bathroom didn't help. Nothing.
Then, on his fourth birthday, he came to me and said: "I am big now, and I wear underwear." He put them on. And never had an accident after that. (He's 21 now. Just sayin'.)
Children. You can't make them sleep. You can't make them eat. And you can't make them poop or pee.
Good Luck!
Oh man, those are some funny comments! As for me, I'm just gonna wait until he does it himself like...coffinberry. :) I don't want pee on my furniture. And let's face it...I'm lazy. ;).
Post a Comment