Saturday, May 2, 2009

Grateful

This may be the longest post ever.....

I have been overwhelmed lately with feelings of gratitude. Having Reese has been a really big transition in our lives, and could not have gone any smoother. This is all because of the help we ave received from our family and friends. Every time I think about it- the "ugly cry" makes it's appearance, stupid hormones. My mom and sister were first to arrive before Reese got here.

The support, along with watching Abram, cooking and cleaning eliminated a huge amount of stress and worry. Kris was supposed to have the week off from work, however, he had to go into work almost every day for a couple of hours-as is with construction I guess. Thankfully, my mom stayed until the weekend and one of my dearest friends "Aunt Terri" came to the rescue for the rest of the week. Abram loved every second of it. And I feel sure that my mom and Aunt Terri took a very long nap when they got home because of all of the running, playing play-doh, playing trains, and jumping on the bed that was going on. They will never know how grateful I am.


THEN, Grandma Raisor arrived on Saturday, and the spoiling continued with the hugs, kisses, singing, and trains.


And if THAT wasn't enough-my really awesome friends Tab and Windy from Alabama came to see me!!!! They drove up to just spend the day, and they brought Abram's best friend Grayson. At first it was a little awkward for the boys because it had been a while since they had seen each other, but before you knew it-they were back to having fun. The exception this time is that Abram talks a lot more, so their conversations were hilarious. I swear, two peas I a pod!!! I miss them so much, who would have ever thought I would miss Alabama?? Tab took some pictures-which I am so excited about I can't stand it, so hopefully I can show you soon, right Tab? :)






I was trying to get the boys to take a picture and was having a difficult time getting them to look at the same time and smile, until I asked them to say "booger" instead of "cheese"........


I am so blessed with the most awesome family and friends. These past 2 weeks have been a little crazy, and I am not sure what I will do when everyone leaves and it's just us. I am sure we'll figure it out....unless anyone else wants to come visit??

2 comments:

D Maxie said...

Way too funny.... Abram and Grayson look like they're six years old!

Terri you look GREAT! Uh...Abram...I got you a present!!!

Hope to see you next week!

Amber said...

I don't know who giggled more, you or the boys!?!? I am giggling a little bit now too!