Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Little Bit of Spiritual, a Little Bit of Funny.....

We have a temple in Birmingham.

I have never lived this close to one before, it's about 40 minutes from our house. Twice a year our ward gets to clean the temple. I was SO EXCITED to sign up, maybe a little too excited. I couldn't stop smiling the entire time, for those that live here it didn't seem like such a big deal. But for me, I have never enjoyed cleaning so much. I have been feeling like I needed a little "spiritual pick me up" lately-so I decided that Saturday was to be my "super spiritual day". I would go to the temple that afternoon and clean, then that evening we got together to do some activities at church before a Relief Society broadcast. For those of you who are not LDS, the Relief Society is a huge (the largest in the world) service organization of women. It was established in 1842 and has been going strong ever since. That may be a story for a different time. Anyways, after the activities and dinner there was a broadcast from Salt Lake City by leaders in the Church. Let's just say, it was exactly what I needed to hear. You know when you go to church, or a class, or a lecture, or whatever and you find yourself kind of looking around to see if others notice the speaker is talking directly to you? Yep, it was a lot like that. I would put a link, but they haven't put out the transcripts yet. Definitely the boost I needed.


And now for the the funny. We go on a lot of walks. And naturally we take our male dog Obi along with us. And naturally, he lifts his leg to pee on everything. Well tonight was no exception, and our little mister independent had to walk instead of be in the stroller. So there we were walking along like the Beatles, but a little more spread out when Kris busts out laughing. Abram was stopping at each mailbox and holding onto it, and lifting his leg!!! How funny is that?! But alas, I have no pictures-because Kris let someone borrow his truck and left the camera in it :(. Maybe next time. I cannot get over how Abram is developing this little personality that is so funny and loving and strong willed. I have so much to be grateful for.

3 comments:

Coffinberry said...

Just wanted to say, "yeah, me too!" about the RS Conference. I think it is so cool that all of us, though spread out everywhichwhere, can share this experience.

I am LoW said...

Hillarious!!

My mom tells a story about how when me and my siblings were all young we had a dog who howled when he heard sirens. Once CHristmas while at a tree farm picking our Christmas tree an emergency vehicle somewhat nearby went by with siren wailing and you geussed it, me and my siblings all started howling. :)

Loved RS conference too!!

Marla said...

So funny about the peeing thing.