2. I don't think, that is until we have been given this opportunity to live in Georgia and now Alabama, that I ever noticed fire ants before. I do not like these little pests at all, in fact, I hate them. I should take a picture of how big the fire ant hills get around here. The "fun" thing is, Kris loves to step on them and get the ants all ticked off (such a boy thing to do). Abram likes to step on them because he is unaware (or watching Daddy) so when Mama comes to the rescue scooping him up-who do the ants get mad at and bite the "fire" out of?? Oh yah. For those of you who have never experienced this pleasure, it goes something like this: You feel the burning sensation of being bit, it's like a bee sting. Then after you silently curse in your head because your toddler who is learning new words by the second is there and you smoosh the heck out of it chanting "die! die! die!" (again, in your head) all is well-or at least so it seems, until the next day or so when it begins to itch. Not like a mosquito bite itch, this is an itch where you would gladly take a knife and slice off a little skin to relieve pressure. Think I am being a bit dramatic? Go play on a fire ant hill and see what I mean.
3. I LOVE Fall, and it's starting to feel like Fall around here, which makes me very happy. I LOVE Fall clothes too. So I felt the need to show off my cutie in some new Fall clothes as we were getting ready for Church today. He is getting so big!! Less than a month and he will be 2!!!!
P.S. The tacky looking white stuff around the fire place is double stick tape holding plastic over the fireplace. Abram used to get in there when we first moved here, so now the plastic doubles for safety and a flannel board for family home evening activities. Only days after did I realize that sticky magnetic strips would have looked a lot better....maybe one day I will fix it. If by some miracle you didn't notice, please disregard this message.
4 comments:
You forgot to mention how much better those bites feel after they are popped!! :) And, of course, how much fun it is to pop them.
actually that was sent by me but i guess i was signed in as scott. oh well! :)
Ouch! And I totally didn't notice... :)
Oh fire ants. Scary. I have a friend who's 2 year old was just bit. She had to take her to the ER b/c she swelled up and had trouble breathing. Scary!!
Post a Comment