Monday, March 12, 2012

Their Father's Children

First of all, let me say beforehand, that this post will be too much information. For sensitive viewers-please disregard this post and continue on with your day. This post is for memories, and potential blackmail if needed in the future.

Yesterday at church Kris and I were "interviewed" by one of the people who work with Abram in primary. They do something called "Spotlight" which the kids love, and the give out clues about the child-and the kids get to guess who they are talking about. So we were telling her Abram's favorite color, etc. One of the questions was about his personality traits-after we listed a few, she asked which he got from which parent. We answered as best we could and that was it. That night, Kris and I were talking about it when this event took place.

We put the kiddos to bed and had the monitor on downstairs. The kids were chatting away like they normally do, before they go to bed. All of the sudden they were HYSTERICALLY laughing, as in-uncontrollably. Kris and I looked at each other and started laughing, I said, "We should probably go see what that's all about." Kris replied, "They're fine." So we continued to listen to them laugh until we hear Reese yell, "DAAAADDY!! I NEED TO GO POTTY REAL BAD!! I THINK I HAD AN ACCIDENT!!" Kris and I look at each other and Kris goes upstairs.

Let me just interupt this story by saying how much I love baby monitors, so that I can overhear conversations like these.

All I could hear was Kris. His voice was shaking as he was trying to be serious...
Kris: "You were having a tooting contest to make each other laugh?" (His voice starts cracking, still trying to be serious.) Guys, that's not a good idea-because when you do that........accidents can happen."

A few minutes later, after helping Reese get cleaned up-he came downstairs. His face was red and he had a huge grin on his face and started laughing.

I simply said, "Uh yah-wonder where they get that trait from...."

No comments: