Thursday, December 29, 2011

Preschool Christmas Program

Did I forget to mention that Abram was refusing to go to music class at preschool? As in, his teacher said he would fold his arms and sit down? I still have no idea what it was all about. We were trying everything we could think of, talking about it, Kris went tried the bribe method, I tried the "Maybe mommy needs to come to music class" method. Nothing worked.  We sat down one night and I tried to have a heart to heart with him about it. It went something like this:

Me: "Honey, I just don't understand. You LOVE to sing. You love to sing at church in Primary."
Abram: "Yah, but these aren't primary songs Mama."
Me: "Well, I know, but I am sure these songs are fun too."
Abram: (enter 14 year old expression of seriousness and dramatics) "Moooooommmm, the songs are ridiculous!"
Me: (biting the inside of my mouth so I don't crack up) "What do you mean?"
Abram: "Well, I mean, I like the Christmas songs and all, but the goldfish song? It's just annoying."
Me: "What does annoying mean?"
Abram: "You know, when you don't like it at all and don't want to do it!"

We talked a little while longer and then I gave up and he went to bed. I mean some songs are annoying and ridiculous-but really? Refusing music? Just about that time his teacher got a new job. It was a sad day, she had been working at his preschool for 12 years, and then entered Ms. Julia. Thankfully Abram has the same assistant teacher so the stability was still there-but I don't think Ms. Julia really made sitting in a chair with his arms folded an option.  I think she is a bit more strict, which Abram needs.  And he never refused to go again.  He does however, dread going??? Bizarre.  Then they had their program....

Kris and I were joking about people thinking he was a dead beat Dad. I always drop off and pick up Abram from school, volunteer at his parties, etc.  So no one there has met Kris. My family came to watch the program and it was so crowded I ended up sitting in the middle which gave Kris the responsibity of taking the pictures.  When Kris went closer to take them Abram started YELLING and POINTING from the stage "GUYS! THERE'S MY DAD!!! RIGHT THERE!! THAT'S MY DAD!  LOOK! HE'S HERE!!!" Kris was waving and got embarassed an said, "Geez, I guess they think I am some dead beat who never sees my kid."  Little did "they" know Abram just thinks his Dad is the coolest ever.

 

This picture cracks me up, it's blurry and the kids have alien eyes-but kid picking his nose during the program=classic. 

And just for the record, Abram may have been right about the "Goldfish song"........

No comments: