Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas at Chillhowee and a Birthday Party

I have wanted to do this for a while.  We went to see the lights at the park by the zoo.  Here's the thing-it's free. And on opening night there is free hot chocolate, pictures with Santa, carriage rides, etc-all free. The only problem is...the whole city knows it's free too.  We waited in line for Santa-the kids did great-but after that the lines looked at least an hour long-so we took out own self guided tour and decided to go to Marble Slab, with no lines...and not free, but delicious.










This picture-although blurry and not the "official" one we got-makes me laugh just because the chaos of it all. There were about a gazillion people in line, so we had to be quick and try to make everyone look happy after waiting in a long line.


My nephew was born the day after Christmas. It's hard to have that birthday because there is SO much going on-my sister decided to have a "friends birthday party" a couple weeks before and have a family dinner on his actual birthday. The kids had a lot of fun.








I feel like I am getting old.  I remember at family reunions rolling my eyes when old people would tell me "You're growing like a weed." or "I knew you when you were this high." and now I find myself biting my lip to not say such things out loud.  It amazes me how fast these kids are growing.  I just want to keep yelling "Slow down! I'm not ready!"

No comments: