That being said, we tried to cram a little too much fun in one day. We tried to meet some friends at the Bounce House-got there way too late, played for 20 minutes before it closed.....and someone had a meltdown. Tried to make up for it by going to Chick-fil-a for lunch where someone refused to eat chicken, so we left instead of playing.....another meltdown. Again, sorry Amber and Erin!! Got to Nana's house, someone took a nap, and the world was a little bit brighter.
In fact, there was some corn shucking....
and some raw corn eating....
some resting....
some visiting with the Great Grandparents....
We went to Target before heading home and the Marble Slab (which had the worst customer service ever) and started on our journey home. Reese started to get hungry, Abram got sick of being in the car, when this happened....
I don't know what happened, all I do know is that all traffic on I 75 had to exit, and be re routed through a town the same name as ours, except in a different state. We were in the boon docks where you could hear the banjos playing (if you know what I mean) and it was too late/dark to pull over. That meant a lot of crying for the half hour detour.
Despite the rough patches at the beginning and end of our trip, we still had fun. Oh and
P.S. Guess who got a Bumbo seat? (and still is like a deer in headlights when the camera comes out, I swear he does smile and is the cutest)
3 comments:
Sorry about not updating my blog. Things have been CRAZY here!
I know you guys have been crazy!! And you have some exciting things to blog about! I can't wait until you get caught up. We are SO HAPPY for you guys!
It was fun to see you... as "short and sweet" as it was! We'll totally do Labor Day!
Post a Comment