Monday, August 10, 2009

Let's Get Spiritual

I know, I mean I have slacked off blogging and today I am on fire! On Monday nights our family gets together and has Family Home Evening. We sing songs, have a lesson, play a game, and have a treat. Tonight's lesson? David and Goliath. Now remember, this story from the Bible was made into a 2 1/2 year old version....with that, I am giving you the "2 year old very summarized version" with pictures (of course).


A long, long, long, long, long time ago there was a battle between the Israelites and the Philistines. In this battle there was a big, mean giant named Goliath...



the Israelites were very afraid of him.....(so scared you could see their fillings apparently)


Goliath went out day after day wanting to know who would fight him. Everyone was so scared that no one would meet him for battle.

Then, there was David.....


He was tending the sheep, and then went to go check on his brothers. David was very faithful and brave. When he saw Goliath, he went forth to battle. Goliath seeing this small boy laughed....


David picked up some stones (in this case frozen peas) and his sling (or spoon) and flung the rocks (peas) at him.


David had defeated Goliath, and cut off his head...


We then wrapped our evening talking being brave and having faith and then ate some chocolate pie. I love family home evening.

7 comments:

Carrie Maseda said...

I love it!!!!! The pictures are hilarious! You can't beat a FHE where you learn and laugh! :)

Second Grade Serenity said...

That was awesome!

I am LoW said...

HAHAHA!!!!

I want to come to YOUR fhe!!!!

D Maxie said...

Dang Kris, that must of hurt bad having your head chopped off with a spoon!!! Too funny!

I am LoW said...

I just had to show Nolan, he got a kick out of it.

And he STILL, to this day... STILL talks abotu how Bro Raisor is the coolest ever. As a matter of fact he and Rae were talking about all the cool people that move, then he had to put in order who was the coolest of all the people that move (he always has to have a coolest of everything) and Kris was the coolest of all that's ever lived here. According to Nolan. :)

The Webber's said...

SO awesome!!! I can't believe how different your family is now from when I was a 16 year old laurel - crazy!!!

Amy said...

I loved your pictures and naration! My favorite FHE's ever have been the ones with a lot of thought, prep and involvement of everyone in the family! Way to go Beth and Kris! You should make the pictures into a book for Sundays!