that's about the time the clouds came rolling in. The big dark ones, then the lightening, and the thunder, then the lightening that touches the ground in the distance, then the rain-the torrential down pour. We could barely see, so we decided to pull over and go to a restaurant. I am not kidding when I say that it was raining so hard and the wind was blowing so hard that the restaurant door wouldn't shut, and as Kris parked the car, I looked like a total moron trying to pull the door closed while getting drenched. Kris and I get in, totally soaked into the restaurant to discover we are completely under dressed in our sweats (wet sweats).
Of course as we sit down to order the sun comes out (the storm lasted 10 minutes) and we are the sopping wet "cool rangers". We ate, it was delicious, and went to Kroger to get some groceries, and picked up the kiddos. Abram didn't want to leave, Reese didn't want to stay (he was missing his Mama), and we headed home very grateful for our friends.
Then we realized something....
We left Obi outside. Obi, is not a fan of storms to say the least. I mean, he doesn't pull a "Marley and Me" kind of fit. Storms just make him very nervous, where he paces, and is super clingy. Obi survived, except that somehow he cut his leg really deep. He was bleeding, so we cleaned off his wound, bandaged him up and decided to call the vet asap. Obi went to the hospital today, to make a long story short (too late) we opted out of surgery and decided to do the medication, cleaning wounds and bandages route. Bless his heart-he hates the stupid big cone. Here is the picture of the poor puppy:
I asked Kris how he did even though I had called to check on him (they kept him all day) and Kris said he got lots of compliments-and Obi enjoyed all of the attention. Our life is never boring.
9 years down, forever to go.
3 comments:
Congratulations!! I met you guys right before you got married. :)
Ha. Good times! Happy anniversary! You guys are such a cute couple and a cute family :)
Congratulations! I'm so glad you found each other!
Post a Comment