Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Almost Got My Passport This Morning...............

You would only understand the title if you have ever read this book.....



If haven't read this book, go to the library today and get it, I am not kidding, one of my favorites. We had some friends over last night, it was a late night-should have been my first clue. After several meltdowns, we got the kiddos to bed over an hour past their bedtimes. Although I love the fact that my children all of the sudden take turns-I didn't quite appreciate the fact that they decided to start doing this last night all night long, while playing the newly made up "Who can scream the loudest to wake themselves up" game. Especially after a week of Reese sleeping 7 continuous hours. I had a horrible nightmare last night, the kind where when Kris woke me up, I didn't know whether to cry because I was relieved, or cry because I was so intensely asleep I got an immediate headache. Reese decided to be an early bird this morning, and Abram soon followed. As I was getting Abram a pair of underwear, I guess he had a "fart gone bad" as there was a small batch of diarrhea on the floor 5 feet from his potty.....awesome. Did I mention this was all before 7:30 am??? I thought, someone find me the nearest cliff, as I poured Abram's cereal while I was wearing my too tight for me black sweat pants, river rescue t-shirt from 5 years ago, no make up, hair-just plain ridiculous, when Abram looks at me and says, "Mommy, you look beeeeaauuuuutiful!" I just looked at him, and smiled............

Maybe I won't be getting that passport just yet.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I too had one of those days! Only mine did not end in a compliment. It did entail 3 "sharts" in Ty's underwear at the library, my doctor calling to tell me I had a UTI, and Tommy surprising me with Manwich for dinner- which I loath. Today is a new day, right?