I decided that 35 would be great and I want to do things that are hard for me. Some would say they are easy peasy, but like I said, this isn't about other people-this is about me. That is one of the reasons I started training for Ragnar. More on that later. I found a 5k called Color Me Rad and wanted to run it for fun, and it also happened to be the day before my birthday-you know, the one where I would turn 3-5. I asked my sister and two of my cousins to run with me....and we did. One of them drove down from Ohio so we could run.
Rewind many years back-to elementary school, fifth grade-ish. My sister and I spent the Summers in Ohio with my Grandparents and played with two of our cousins at least every other day it seemed. What do four girls do wen they get together at that age? Make a girl band of course! Complete with matching outfits bought at Meijer (think hot pink and black biker shorts) and dance routines. As you know, every good band has a name, and so did we. That is when CS4 was born (Cousins, Sisters, 4 of us) and we have referred to it ever since. When we all got married, our husbands got to be our "groupies", I know how it sounds, but I don't care. It is one of those fond memories fom childhood that we will remember forever (yes, we did performances). So what better shirts could we make to run through color in?
(C-S-4 exclamation point)
That's right, complete with 90's back to back pose. We have a picture
of us when we were little, in the exact same pose. Every time we
get together, my Aunt has a pose like this. On a random note, the only
part of this picture that is posed, is the "back to back" part, that being
said, isn't it funny how the sisters are posing the same.
How motivating are these cuties?
get together, my Aunt has a pose like this. On a random note, the only
part of this picture that is posed, is the "back to back" part, that being
said, isn't it funny how the sisters are posing the same.
How motivating are these cuties?
After showers, we went to Painting With a Twist. You pick out a painting and the instructor teaches you how to paint it, and you interpret what she teaches. It's really laid back, and you can bring snacks, drinks, etc. It was SO much fun! After we got in touch with our artistic side, the four of us went to dinner and came home to a wonderful surprise.....
Kris and the kids made this sunflower cake for me. He asked Lisa to bring the icing and he did some research and found the idea. I almost cried. Kris is not a fan of doing "creative" things with the kids. He doesn't like the stress, the mess, etc. Knowing this, made the cake even more special. He is pretty awesome if I do say so myself.
To top of the best weekend ever, it was also General Conference that weekend. Thanks to my trusty DVR, Sunday we watched it in our jammies, ate potato soup and did nothing else all day. A dear friend of mine brought me some delicious pumpkin cookies and promised not to look at me or my house (that's how "relaxed" we were being). It was an incredibly perfect weekend. I have decided that 35 is going to be amazing!






1 comment:
There are so many things I love about this post. But the most of all one is you. Mid-thirties never looked so good!
Post a Comment