Friday, January 4, 2013

My First Born Son Turned SIX!

I can't believe my sweet boy turned 6 a couple weeks ago. He was counting down the days since the middle of Summer (no, I am not kidding). Every other day we would go to the calendar and count the days. This year Abram was out of school for Fall Break. Kris took off work on Friday so we could go to the Pumpkin Patch-have I ever mentioned that I love pumpkin patches, Halloween, and all things October? Because I do. It seemed to take forever to get out of the house, but before we knew it, we were there and the boys (all of them) raced to the slide...

They all had a good time...


Kris might kill me a little for that picture, but I'm just proving that he's a good sport.
Then we headed over to the "open tube" slides where the boys got a little creative...


































Then to the "tractor races". Last year, Reese rode on Kris's lap. I don't know why-but it was hysterical. Maybe because Kris was almost too big for the tractor, and then had Reese on his knee. So when he tried to pedal fast to race us, Reese would go up and down so fast and so high, I almost peed my pants watching them I was laughing so hard. In fact, when I think about it, I start laughing. Had to be there? I guess so. This year my three and a half year old was determined to ride by himself (they had smaller ones this year). And "by himself" looked a lot like this....




















I couldn't get many pictures because I was laughing, trash talking, and trying to keep up with the birthday boy....
I was going to bounce on the pillow with the kiddos, I had my shoes off and everything. Then the lady said they don't really allow adults on there because a couple years ago the pillow busted. I decided I didn't need that for my self esteem, so I passed.
Abram did a lot of this...
Reese did a lot of this.....














which is funny because last year he was too little to keep his balance, so he just sat there. This year he thought it was funny, so he just laid down and laughed while others bounced him.
Then we saw the animals. I think Abram might work with animals one day...














Reese, not so much....
Unless it's with bunnies....
We found out which animals were stealing Farmer Joe's pies by following clues in the corn maze. (Hand holding un-staged. LOVE when I capture tender moments)





Found the sandbox...

Did the hamster wheel races. Abram and I rocked our wheel, we went really fast-but it's hard to run in a wheel and take self pictures, so you'll have to take my word for it...


Last, but not least-we went on our hayride and picked out pumpkins. Remember when I told you Reese doesn't smile for pictures? That he'll say "cheese" in the most monotone, unenthusiatic voice? Picture this (pun intended), we ask someone to take our picture and she says, "Say cheese!" Now grit your teeth, say this while trying hard not to move your mouth-in monotone voice, "pumpkin pie." And that is what Reese did. It use to bug me, now I think it's funny. Can't wait to see if our family Christmas pictures turn out this good (I don't know what Abram is doing either)....



Maybe they needed a smooch and a squeeze from their Mama...

No comments: