Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Travelougue

On Sunday we went to church where we lived when Abram was a wee babe. I was SO excited to see old friends and we were invited over for lunch-except that I couldn't stop coughing. I don't know if I was trying to get sick, or it was just really bad allergies, but I. Could. Not. Stop. Coughing. It wasn't the casual-clear your throat-cough. It was the-shield your children-give me dirty looks for not wearing a face mask/been a chain smoke for most of my life-cough. When we woke up Kris told me he thought I should stay home. I pouted because he may have been right. I don't know if he felt sorry for me or what, but with 15 MINUTES til we had to leave he said, "Oh, just come on.." and we did. I felt a lot better, but all during sacrament (where it seemed to be unusually quiet) I could not control myself from coughing-I got up to get a drink, went and splashed water on my face, found an old sucker in my purse and broke it off the stick and tried to suck on it-nothing worked. So we chatted for a little while with friends and freaked out about how much kids grew in the past 5 years, and had to leave. I was SO sad, I made some AWESOME friends there and wanted to catch up, but there just wasn't enough time-and really, who wants someone to come over for lunch and cough all over your house and kids?

We all went back to "our fake house" as Abram named it, took a nap and that night we flew a kite and walked to the pier. Did I mention we ate just about every meal out on the porch? It was heavenly.












We tried to get a "group kid" picture with 6 kids ages 5 and under. Easy peasy, right?
Oh Oh, sun's too bright-hang on a sec...
Uh, Isaac-can you sit on the swing? Reese! Look over here! Layla, Sam doesn't want to be hugged in the picture!








Abram! Look at the camera! Isaac-the swing! Kate, is your hair caught?! Forget it, let's fly a kite.
And be cheesy....
and take cute photogenic family pictures.....
while NOT getting in the water....








and vow to never again wear and extra large white tshirt and allow someone to take a picture of you from behind....









while making up a fun game...







and then walk to the pier where-oh look!! That teenage boy caught a.....wait, is that a........

why yes, yes that is a BABY SHARK CAUGHT OFF THE PIER LESS THAN 1/2 MILE WHERE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE BEEN SWIMMING!!!!! And you know, where there is a baby........

No comments: