Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Beach, the beach, the beach....

My sister, two cousins, myself, and our families went to the beach this year for vacation. 8 adults and 6 kids under the age of 6 in a house together. It was the best week of the Summer. We all had been counting down-I was seriously contemplating making a paper chain, but thought that many links might be depressing. The day finally came and the family came down the night before the big trip. It also happened to be Cow Appreciation Day at Chickfila-you know where this is going...











The kids were amazed at the ocean-Abram hadn't been since he was a year old (and at the same beach).  And speaking of cows, we were following this trailer full of cows at one point in our trip-in my cousin Lisa's WHITE SUV and the trailer started "leaking" by the time we figured out what the "leaking" was, we were using the windshield wipers to wipe COW PEE off of the car and gagging and screaming, "NOOOO!"










Not cool cows....not cool.
We got to the house and decided to go immediately to the beach. Our house was a short walk away. The kids were a little overwhelmed, but soooo excited.















I am a little unsure about the order of things, as it all seems a blur now-so I will hit the highlights. We built our first sandcastle.......





We buried Kris. He was such a good sport. I don't know who's idea it was to make him 2 feet shorter, but it was hilarious.



 
There was A LOT of boogie boarding.......


 Aunt Natalie figured out why we can't throw chips (even if they are just crumbs that fall in the sand)...





















Did the Baywatch run......

And just hung out....

I just realized this trip might take a few posts.....

No comments: