Sunday, April 1, 2012

Zoo Trip

Started out innocent enough-going to the zoo with my boys and my nephew. The parking lot was really tight, at one point I held my breath to sqeeze between two trucks with the minivan (that I have had for one week). So I see a large, extra long bed, suped-up truck. And I remember thinking, "Well this thing is sticking so far out, at least no one will hit my car".  So I swung wide and parked until I heard the worst.sound. ever. Started with a screech and then a crunch. I hadn't swung far enough. I almost lost it. you see, I am a careful driver-I mean, I may have a lead foot every now and again-but I am a safe driver and haven't had any driving incident of any sort since I was NINETEEN!

My car













Their bumper (a inch worth of silver paint next to their "My pit bull is smarter than your honor student." bumper sticker. I took a picture in case they wanted me to replace their bumper or something. They never called, and I am grateful for forgiving people.











I was so upset and mad I started tearing up and asked the boys to say a prayer with me. So we did, and I left a note on their windshield with my phone number. I didn't even want to go to the zoo, but I had 3 excited boys who were ready to get their sunscreen on and go see the animals.


I tried to get a tortoise picture, but sometimes boys don't cooperate for such things.


Abram "helping" Isaac pet the bunny.
After visting the table with "artifacts" and Abram quizzing the lady on her animal facts, she said he needed to volunteer at the zoo when he's old enough.
We went to an animal show and a hawk flew maybe 5 inches over Abram's head!


It was a long and fun (except the car) day. The kids asked for a nap when we got home. 


1 comment:

Lori said...

I can't even tell where the silver mark is on their bumper! And your van actually doesn't look as bad as I was imagining. No sweat.