As ornery as Reese is, he is just as sweet. He has also been my biggest snuggler. For the first couple of weeks after he was born, he slept best on my chest, and I loved it...however-he started out 8lbs 10oz-and grew rapidly, so it didn't last for long. He would wake up in the middle of the night with teething/nightmare and he would lay right next to me usually forehead to forehead and fall fast asleep. Even now, when he wakes up in the morning and comes in our room, he'll walk up to my side and say, "I need to cuddle you!" and hop right in, super close and cuddle for a little while. These moments make my heart swell and makes it harder to remember the times when he would pull my glasses off of my face, or the tantrums he would/will throw-always in public, and the lack of volume control he still has. I remember him being lttle and trying to go to story time at the library when we lived in North Carolina, I had to leave because he was so loud humming the Batman theme song at the Spiderman picture they had on a shelf.
I was looking back on my blog and I found a video-it cracked me up because his personality is the same-if you know him, you have to watch it (press play twice). And if you can stand it, watch it til the end because he laughs..can't load for some reason, so click here.
Reese is LOVING Star Wars, so that's what we did. Completely with an R2D2 cake. As a side note after watching the three older movies over and over (and over) again-might I say that R2D2 is one of my favorites. Kris made light light sabers, I found a fabulous website with ideas for food and Reese had a great time.
He was so excited he blew the candles out before we finished singing. That is how my Reese is-everything-every emotion he has he gives 100% to it. He loves asking questions (over a million times), he loves telling jokes, learning new things, doing things by himself, he loves animals (with the exception of small dogs?), loves nursery at church, riding his bike, his brother (most of the time), the color red, and so much more. I am so grateful for this fella-can't imagine life without him!



1 comment:
Happy birthday to awesome, sweet Reese!
Post a Comment