Thursday, August 5, 2010

Stats of the Contenders

We went to the doc today in Knoxville. I have been putting it off-you know shots and all. I am a vaccination kinda Mom, but the bloody murder screaming and the "Why are you letting them hurt me?!" look, is one I can delay for an extended period of time.  That being said, the Reese-miester is behind on his shots (missed his 12 month check up).  And today when I took him in they wanted to give him SIX vaccinations at once!!  Those crazy needle happy nurses! The doc said, "Ummmm no, we won't be doing that today." when I told him my concerns on how much his cute little chub legs could handle.  Abram even had to get 2 boosters.  Knowing this ahead of time, Kris came with me.  Kris has NEVER been to a shot appointment.  And Reese thankfully is a lot easier to console than Abram was at his age. Then the doc asked if we went back to Georgia often, because there are measles cases in Georgia! Wow. Anyway, bloody murder screams and all, the kids did surprisingly well, and we went to McDonalds for lunch (because did you KNOW that they are giving away SUPERHEROES at McDonalds?!?!?!!?).  So if any of you get an inkling for a happy meal and don't want the toy-send it to the Raisor household!! We just realized this last week so we have the Torch, and today got Captain America.  I am getting a little too excited about this, so on with the story.

Their stats crack me up-being that they are 2 1/2 years apart and all:
Abram- weighing in at 36 lbs 10oz      Height 39 1/4 inches
Reese- weighing in at 27 lbs 13 oz      Height 32 inches

And of course Reese's noggin was in the 95% tile!  Everytime Reese gets a check up I want to say he is so much bigger than Abram was, but the truth is, when I compare they are about the same at 15 months, Reese is just 3 lbs heavier.  There you have it folks, and when i find my camera cord to upload pics you will hear about our trip to the dentist and Reese's first pair of shoes (which are 1 1/2 sizes bigger than Abram's first shoes!).  Until then, tonight I am going on a Girl's Night Out!!! Details to come.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Wow. Reese is bigger than Owen! LOL I don't have his 15 month apt. until next month.. yeah a little late also. So I'll see how big he is then.

Abram weighs as much as Ethan does also. I think he was 36 pounds at his 4 year apt.