Wow. So August 11th (have to put the date because it's really late and might not publish technically on the right day), 10 YEARS ago I got married. I was young-22 to be exact (2 months away from being 23). That's seems like sooooo young right now. Anyways, today we spent the day together as a family-and I have to say, I had SO many moments today when I thought, "I love my life. I love my husband. I love our family. We have had some ups and downs through the years, but it really has been the best." You know when you have those, "This is SO meant to be" moments? There were a lot of those today. I am not big on PDA kinda stuff, or announcing to the world mushy gushy pet name kind of make me puke sorta of things. But I will tell you this, there are no words to tell you how much I love him. And although he can absolutely drive me INSANE sometimes, there is no one else I would rather spend forever with. So here in my sentimental sorta way I will tell you the top 10 reasons (10 years-get it?) that I love my husband. Please note that these are not in any particular order.
1. He is my BEST friend. I can talk to him about anything, and do. He pretends to understand me, even when I know he doesn't. He loves me even when I feel like I don't deserve it. He knows that when I am having crazy emotional pregnant day (no, you didn't miss anything, this happened when I was pregnant with Abram) that fixing me chocolate chip pancakes and putting them on my Grandma's hand me down dishes will make me so happy I start bawling happy tears. really? Do I need to say any more than that?
2. He has a strong testimony. He has been through a lot in his life. But his testimony doesn't waiver. There is no fence sitting for him. He knows who he is spiritually and tries his best to be better, and when he does something that isn't his best, he tries harder to make things right and to do better.
3. He is an amazing Father. He hangs the moon for our boys. When I was single someone very dear to me told me to write down the qualifications for what I would want in a husband, and to never settle. One of the top three was "He will be a great Father". The way he looks at our children and they look at him is awesome. When they are playing together, most times I really can't tell who is having more fun. He LOVES them, and they know it-which is really important to me.
4. I love how he relates everything to comic book superheroes. And will do it like I am on the same plain as him, like everyone should know what he is talking about. Or when his hair needs to be cut and he will wake up with crazy bed head and call it his Wolverine hair.
5. I love how he is obsessed with Werewolves, and gets (seriously) annoyed that now it's trendy because it's all about Twilight (even though he has read all the books because he was wondering why I was so obsessed:)).
6. I love that even when he compliments me and I tell him to shut up because it embarrasses me, that he will tell me "Too bad" and he will still tell me how hot I am when we are in our 80's.
7. I love when he gets embarrassed at things on TV (American Idols try outs) or in movies (Along Came Polly) when the person gets embarrassed and how he has to leave the room if I don't change the channel.
8. I love that he pushes me when I doubt myself.
9. I love when he is playing with the kids and does the voices (and accents) of the trains (Thomas) and makes witty jokes and makes me laugh from the other room until I cry. He usually makes me laugh when he isn't trying to :)
10. I love that we get to be together forever.
One of my fabulous friends wrote the story of her and her husband on her blog. I LOVED that idea, and I am thinking, maybe since it's a 10 year sorta thing, I should reflect on our own...hmmmmmm. Still thinking about that one. We have a he said/she said version and since we all know who is right, maybe I should have it in print.....
Happy Anniversary Kristopher Charles Raisor!!! 10 down, forever to go!!!!
4 comments:
So glad you're back I missed reading your blog! Happy Anniversary!
I would love to hear your story, and I think it should be told in a he said/ she said way. I'd love to hear his version!!
I love this post. It was SO sweet.
You and Kris were always one of our absolute favorite couples. When Conner and I first got married, I wanted to be just like you guys, because I was pretty sure that there wasn't anybody cooler or more fun.
Happy anniversary!
Happy anniversary!!!
Post a Comment