Other than the puking, we had a lot of fun. Poor baby.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
The Gingerbread House
On Sunday night we made a gingerbread house. It was store bought-I know, I know. I vowed to make a homemade one next year. We had so much fun, all of us except Reese. He got sick-as in puked 6 times or so. He is fine now, I think it's because we used different water in his bottles. I forgot to get his regular water at the store, and we thought the filtered fridge water would be fine. Little did we know, this was NOT the case. Right as we were putting the final touches on our gingerbread house, Reese lost his cookies, on his Daddy. Bless his heart, he was really pitiful and only wanted to sleep on Mommy the rest of the night. Once we bought the water he was fine. Mental note taken.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Beth there's no shame at all in buying one of those kits, I've bought them myself. What's important is the family gets to have fun putting it together & decorating everything. The pictures are great and it looks like Abram had a ball!
Looks like a lot of fun!
As for baking your own... for nearly two decades now, we've just used graham crackers. That way, each kid can make one because they're small. If you use a serrated steak knife back-and-forth like a saw, graham crackers cut into the perfect shape for the gable ends of a house. Assuming, of course, that a house is what is desired (more than half the time, what is built is a fort/barracks/castle/battlement complete with rocket launchers and tanks). At least once a Fort Knox was built, with a bunch of candy piled inside and cemented over with frosting. The value of such Fort Knox is that several days after Christmas, when everyone's candy has been thoroughly picked over, you can break into the middle and savor the goodies.
Post a Comment