Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What? Huh? Ethan?

I have been cutting Abram's hair for over a year now. Usually I do okay, but this last time it grew out a little funky. So I decided to take him to the Barber Shop. Mind you the last time we went to the Barber Shop he was a year old and it was VERY TRAUMATIC (which is why I have been cutting his hair, not to mention it saves money). SO we met Kris on his lunch break and thought maybe Abram would do better if Daddy got his hair cut too.

This was not the case.

Although we didn't get the screaming, bucking bronco of his visit at a year old; the crying was definitely present and he would not wear the "cape" either. Nor would he sit in the chair, so Kris held him while I waved suckers at him telling him he could have one when he was all done. Well, the lady doing the haircut could not hear to save her life.

This I did not realize.

I told her I wanted it short on the sides and longer on top (you know typical little boy haircut). She nodded and agreed and then it hit me when she started with the clippers on top of his head and even though she asked 3 times what his name was, she kept calling him Ethan. This was followed by asking how excited he was to have a little sister, when even the lady sitting next to her was yelling, "He's having a BROTHER!" I tried to be brave, I tried not to cry. I had to hold it in because Abram cried enough for both of us. So now, he pretty much has a shaved head, which I could have done for free. It'll grow, I know :(. And as you can see, with sucker in hand, he could care less. As a fun fact, while the lady was cutting Kris's hair she commented on how their heads are shaped the same.

Right before the cut, tears are starting already...... (oh and to be fair, she brushed his hair forward-it wasn't as bad as it looks)



After...we has to take off his shirt because of all the hair.


Maybe this why I don't like the "shaved look", he looks like he is 4.



Although Kris might kill me for this one (good thing he isn't regular blog checker) I had to post it because Abram was making the same expression!!!

8 comments:

D Maxie said...

Dang!!! Abram won't need a haircut for a year!!! Bless his heart...

Laura said...

Firstly, this made me laugh a lot. ha! Secondly, is it bad that i don't think it looks that bad? He is still adorable. Boys have it so lucky. Their bad haircuts grow out quickly. Hope you are doing good. Kase says hello :)

Marla said...

Oh man!! I would have cried so hard!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING??? You have the worst luck with hair cuts!! Remember when you went to walmart???

Oh, and I totally would have had to leave, I cry a little every time we get Ethan's hair trimmed. To see her do that, would have sent me in labor.

He does look cute though, very old! You are right, he does look old!

Tabby said...

I. LOVE. IT!!!!!! HE LOOKS ADORABLE!

I am LoW said...

haha!! Love it! Love Kris' picture!! :)

His haircut is really cute though. That's what Nolan's hair looked like when he got his very first cut. And I let it get long and curly before, so it was quite a change. But it really is cute.

Windy said...

This is hilarious! abram does look so much older!!!!! i like it though. miss you!

Katy said...

Had it been Oliver, I would have freaked. But, he hasn't had a proper haircut... ever...

That said, Abram looks absolutely adorable.

Amber said...

It's cute. Aaaand, now you won't have to worry about cutting it again too soon!