The past week, Abram has been falling out of his bed. He is the biggest wiggle worm EVER when he sleeps. No big deal, except for when we go in to get him-Kris is the muscle, I am the comforter-he gets hysterical and won't go back to bed. Which leads to him sleeping with us, which leads to him trying to play for an hour, then falling asleep, then wiggling all over the bed and kicking the one next to him, which leads to the one next to him waking up with a dinosaur in the back-you get the picture. I thought maybe it's just a phase sorta thing, until it happened over and over again. We thought we could rig his bed, but the more we looked at it, he is about half a foot from being too big for the mattress anyway. Ugh, so we talked a lot about it and weighed the pros and cons, and talked more and yesterday we bit the big one and forked out a bunch of moola for a twin. Reese will be able to use that mattress anyway. I thought Abram might be upset and miss his car. This wasn't the case at all. He loves it, and no falling out last night-he has plenty of room. Which is good, because for what we paid, he'll be using this until college.
On a brighter note, Grandma Raisor came to visit yesterday and spoiled us. She took us out to lunch and while Abram took a nap, she and Kris went out on the "town". We were really grateful she was able to come and see us. Abram was so intent on her coming everywhere-it was really sweet "Grandma come too?" "Where Grandma?" over and over. He loves his Grandma Raisor.
p.s. As a side note, I am still quilting, I think this quilt might actually work out. Which is good because I finally started ordering stuff for Reese on Friday. I figure with 6 1/2 weeks left, better get into gear!!
4 comments:
Too funny with the bed! I'm glad Oliver isn't the only one who can't sleep with his parents--he'll play and talk and giggle and then hog the whole bed!
He won't sleep in his bed these days though. He only wants to sleep on the floor. Whatever--if he sleeps, we don't mind.
Ack. My youngest was three before she slept through the night on her own bed.
Fortunately, that was 8 years ago, now. Each phase passes.
Glad you had a good time with Mom.
So he likes his twin bed? We are revamping my old twin bed for Ethan. Well, Dan is and it's going to take a while! LOL We have to strip it and restain it, but it's going to save us money. But, I'm nervous about Ethan not liking it. He's been in his toddler bed since 16 months old.
Congrats on the quilt making. I hope you'll post a picture. I plan to start making a quilt for Finn soon. It will be my first quilt ever, so if you have any tips, let me know. Good luck!
Post a Comment