Sunday, July 6, 2014

Finally, a Tooth that Didn't Get Pulled

Abram had a loose tooth. He was really nervous about it-which says a lot since the kid has been trying to lose his teeth since he was four. I guess having the two previous ones pulled will do that to a kid. This on was so loose you could twist it, and I was DYING to pull it. I was that kid-the one who wouldn't stop messing with my tooth and pulled it out. Abram was really nervous, he came to me one day and we talked about it, his eyes full of tears worrying about the blood and how much it would hurt. I asked if he wanted to say a prayer about it. He said yes and asked Heavenly Father to help it not hurt or bleed when it came out. Then I was nervous-because well, they bleed, and sometimes there is a short lived twinge of pain.

Oh me of little faith.

The next day we went to Kroger and were in the deli section. The lady at the deli gave the kids a sample of ham and Abram said his tasted weird and asked me to finish his. I told him to finish it and then his eyes bulged and so did his cheeks. My immediate thought was, "This kid is going to puke up his ham that I made him finish." until he spit out his tooth in his hand!!!

No pain, no blood.

He was ecstatic-and told every. single. person. we passed in Kroger. I told him his prayer was answered. Abram giggled to himself throughout the store and looked at me at one point and said, "He loves me."

Yes Abram, He does.

No comments: