I have never been good at keeping a journal. Sad to say that if you look back at any of my journals-it looks something like "Dear Journal, Boys are stupid...." "Dear Journal, sorry its been so long, by the way I got married." "Dear Journal, Abram started Kindergarten, oh yah, I have two kids now.". It makes me sad. I love looking back at this blog and all of the memories I had since forgotten. It's the whole purpose. However, I have gotten overwhelmed with updating from last November-seeing as how it's JULY and all. SO I was talking to a friend and she mentioned one day of the week doing a "flashback post" so then it's not so stressful and overwhelming. Then, blogging can be fun again, rather than be that thing I keep putting off because I don't have the time. With that said,
Dear Blog,
In March we moved to Texas. So much to say-summarized version is Kris's job brought us here. We had known about the possibility for a while, but officially knew two weeks ahead of time. That is another post in itself called something like, "Gratitude, I know my Heavenly Father loves me." Because I can't even think about the things that happened, particularly the night before we left without crying (ugh, welling up now as I type). There have been so many things that have happened in the past few months. I was doing great for the first couple of weeks-super pumped, ready to take Texas by the horns! (pun intended) When that wore off-I was sad, like really sad. It was hard going from a place you had the best of friends and felt really involved in everything to-the exact opposite. After four months, I still don't have the layout of the church building down. It's an older building that has had a couple of additions put on, so every Sunday I walk aimlessly looking for my kids and which entrance I parked. But, in the past month or so-I am getting the hang of things, and making friends. I have found that when I try my best to serve others, I feel better. I am feeling more involved and I am so thankful for that.
Major events in the Raisor household since March (in no particular order):
Nana came for Easter weekend on her way to California
and we dyed eggs, which is a big deal, because we NEVER do it. We always run out of time and never get to it, I had five dye kits from each year this happens. We did it this year!
My baby turned FIVE!! We went to the park with some new friends and I made a hilarious ninja out of a monkey piñata because this five year old loves him some piñatas!
Reese started preschool when we got here and made some good buddies, unfortunately they are all going to different schools in the Fall.
We went to a new friend's house for a cookout. One of the people invited brought their pet snake. This kid was in heaven...
One night I went to check on the boys, and Reese was no where to be found....until I checked the top bunk.....
Reese had his preschool program. I got nervous when he started out like this.....
but he ended up doing great. We spent some birthday money...
Abram had field day...
I had a date with this cutie...
Family Home Evening got taken to a whole-nutha-level with Legos.
My BABY had his last day of preschool with the amazing Mrs. Botelho-Reese loved her, and she loved Reese, so I loved her :) So sad about the blurry picture.
We went to an outdoor concert..
Abram had awards day "Class Scientist Award" and the last day of First Grade..
How can my kiddos be growing this fast? It seems impossible.

No comments:
Post a Comment