I decided I needed to do something hard. And lucky for me I have a friend named Lori, and she does hard things. She won me over with a video she made. It was 20 weeks of training. The first day of training was to run for 15 minutes......and I almost died. I'm not even kidding, it was emabarrassing. I told her if I could run the least amount of miles I was in. Long story short, it was a lot of awesome and a little bit of miserable. Kris did it too!! Running approximately 196 miles in roughly 36 hours. We had two teams of 12, in 4 vans. My van had to be in Chattanooga at 5:30am, I think we slept a total of maybe an hour and a half. We had a baby in our van, I was worried, but honestly he couldn't have been better. I ran 10.5 miles total. First and second legs were awesome, I ran faster than I trained, felt great. The last one I cried, and wanted to quit, and wondered why in the heck I was doing this. It was the lack of sleep talking. Luckily for me, I have an awesome husband. I rounded that last corner thinking, "I just need to go in the parking lot, have a good cry by myself and I'll be fine." instead I was greeted with my hubs and my friends making a tunnel for me to run through cheering for me. I cried different tears. It was so hard for me. I need to do hard things. I need to push myself. i worked so hard, and I felt so proud. i didn't even mind that every single person in my van was A LOT faster than me. They didn't care either, they were so supportive and enthusiastic and positive. I love them.
Kris was a BEAST!! I was really worried because between work and school he had no time to train, and he was running 17.9 miles!! The longest he had ever run in his life was 4 miles. I was relieved every time I saw him. He had so much fun too. We are planning on doing it again. Probably because we're crazy.....
Beth, your awesomeness continues to push the boundaries of what should even be legal. 'Proud' is not a good enough word for what I am of you. I am awe-inspired.
Oh, this almost made me cry. You are amazing, and like Lori said, totally inspiring. I know I couldn't do what you did but you almost make me want to try next year (I said almost)! :)
2 comments:
Beth, your awesomeness continues to push the boundaries of what should even be legal. 'Proud' is not a good enough word for what I am of you. I am awe-inspired.
Oh, this almost made me cry. You are amazing, and like Lori said, totally inspiring. I know I couldn't do what you did but you almost make me want to try next year (I said almost)! :)
Post a Comment