Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Zoo

I had been pretty sick for 2 days and decided enough was enough. It was supposed to be one of the prettiest days so far, so I sucked it up and took the kiddos to the zoo. It was a perfect day to go, and we saw lots of animals (and lots o' animal bums).  I had remembered the Knoxville Zoo being kind of lame, so I don't know if they have done a lot since I had been there last, or if it was the fact that the boys could enjoy it so much-maybe both.  Either way, we had so much fun and we completely worn out by the end of the day.
This is George, he is almost 2 years old, and super cute.
Abram was fascinated with the zebras. He watched them just like this while I fed Reese a bottle. You would have thought they were doing something terribly exciting, and yet, this is what they were doing....
But Reese thought it was pretty entertaining himself.  You couldn't help but be happy, it really was the perfect day.
All the animals were visible, even if most of them were catching an afternoon nap....
or just hanging out.
Like I said, we were all worn out.  Little did I know, Abram and Reese would be up at midnight with high fevers and it would be their turn to endure being sick.

1 comment:

Marla said...

We love the zoo and have a membership! :) I take the boys at least one day a week during the summer. Plus, the wee play zoo is perfect on a rainy day!