Sunday, March 14, 2010

Things to Remember

I have talked about it before, but I am going to make my blog a book.  SO sometimes I will have posts that are just for me.  That being said, I have been thinking a lot of things that I want to remember.  Things that the kids do or say that I am afraid I will forget as they get older.  The boys change and grow everyday.  All the little old ladies that said to me things like, "They get too big too fast." or "You'll blink, and hey will be big." I rolled my eyes and yet I find myself seeing exactly what they mean.  Without further adue, "Things to Remember"....

Reese's laugh is one of the greatest things I have ever heard in my life. I can't listen to it without smiling and getting misty eyed.

Abram is obsessed with fire trucks, and ambulances (which he calls "ambiances").  Every time he hears one he screams, "OH NO! Somebody is in trouble! They are going to help!" He has a fierce imagination, and is always coming up with new games to play and stories to tell.  He is learning to tell jokes, but will use the same punch line even while changing the beginning of the joke (i.e. Knock knock jokes) but thinks they are hilarious anyway, even if it's the 70 milionth time-expecting you to laugh just as hard each time.

Reese will grab the hair on either side of my face and pull me to him to give me the biggest, wettest kiss you can imagine.  He plays with my hair when I hold him, instead of pulling it.

Abram is really sensitive about things.  He saw a car crash on TV and it really bothered him, to the point he cried.  We finally got passed that (after days of talking about it) when we were stopped in traffic for 45 minutes, because of a wreck where the car flipped on it's side.  He cried again, and he still continues to say, "I don't like that car on the side". He is really tender about people's feelings.  He will seem generally uninterested and then show the sweetest affection to his brother, or cousin Isaac when they get upset.  When we were in the car coming back from Ohio and Isaac started to cry, Abram calmed him instantly by saying, "It's okay baby Isaac, don't cry." and patting him gently. (Note: This isn't always the case, however, this is titled "Things to Remember" not "Things I Want to Forget".  Although, come to think of it, that may be a future post.)

Reese can light up a room.  He can make the grumpiest of people smile.  He can sense the kindness in people easily, and will freely go with people that he finds kind and genuine.  He will also reach quickly for Mommy when he senses otherwise.

Abram is also obsessed with superheroes (hmmm...wonder where he gets that from?).  We are superheroes every day at some point.  He even incorporates them into Primary Sharing time at church.  When the teacher was telling a story about a man falling into a hole (relating to how our Savior helps us) Abram stands up with one arm in the air mid-story and yells, "THEN I would be a sUUperhero! And I would go down and SAVE him!!"  (There will be a Abram Sunday School post coming soon.)

They both LOVE fiercely.  They love with all of the hearts.  And they are sure in love with their Daddy.  I am so grateful for these boys and it does seem like time is going by too fast.

I am so grateful to be their mother.

1 comment:

Katy said...

This is such a good idea. I keep meaning to write down all the stuff my kids say, because sometimes we can't remember which one initiated, "How bout... BEDGE-Tables?".

Also, Oliver now asks every day for us to tell him stories about when he was a baby, and I keep telling him the same ones because I can't remember any on the spot.