We headed to Ijams today for some much needed "Family Time" today. It's weird, because Kris is out of school for the Summer so you'd think we'd have a lot more time together-but it seems our weekends and weekdays are constantly packed. Sometimes this becomes overwhelming and it effects everyone. In fact, today I was supposed to go to Nashville, but I have amazing friends that helped out so I could get a break. I will being going to Girls Camp in a week and a half for 4 days (longest I have been away from my boys e-ver, not sure how I'll do) so we decided today we would be just us.
We loaded up in the car....
and headed out on the trail. Even before we got on the trail we saw some "wildlife".
Stopped and had a little snack and some water...
Tried to take a timed family picture that needed a lot of cropping......(Reese was a lot happier than he looks)
Did some singing......
Don't get me wrong, there was a meltdown or two-but overall, pretty much the best day ever.
3 comments:
Your family is darling. We really need to hang out one of these days, please. :) Oh, and please please please let me know if I can do anything for you this week.
Oh, I love days like that. Thanks for sharing.
So glad you had a breather....and thanks for doing the "hard part" at girl's camp.
Post a Comment