Just for a little while longer, please have more moments like these
to help me forget about how we can never show our face at the library story time again after the tantrum the youngest had because he didn't want to sit and listen and how I had to take him to the other end of the library and cover his mouth (which I don't like to do, but nothing was working and that was a last resort) and he was still screaming loud enough for everyone to hear because he is teething, and grumpy. So I can forget about how the oldest just this past week has started lying to me, yelling "NO!" when I ask him to do things, and hitting me on the way to time out.
Please help me remember while I am thinking about parents who have less patience than I do and what they would do in that very moment as I continue to pray for patience and dread you being a teenager, that it will be as if the incident had never happened ten minutes or so later and I will be smothered with sloppy kisses and told that I am your best friend, or just followed around the house while you sing "Mama! Mama!" to me. That the hard and frustrating times of parenting are always outweighed by the laughing, new discoveries, big bear hugs, wet kisses, fort building, dinosaur playing, tying capes, and story telling that goes on.
Just for a little while longer I want to be the one you tell all your secrets to, the one who can magically kiss your boo boos and make them all better, the one that can make you laugh so hard you can't breathe, the one who tells you everything will be okay and you believe it, just a little while longer.
2 comments:
WOW!!! What a great testament to all mothers:) Well said!
Maybe it is because I am pregnant but that post almost made me cry. You are such a good mother Beth and you really do have two sweet little boys.
Post a Comment